Netanyahu: From now on, negotiations with Hamas will take place under fire – the seventh day

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Tuesday that Israel “will continue to fight until all the goals of its war in the Gaza Strip, which is to restore all Israeli hostages and destroy Hamas and ensure that the Gaza Strip does not pose any threat to Israel again.”

Netanyahu added: Israel will from now on a constantly increasing force against Hamas, negotiations will take place under fire; This is only the beginning. “

Netanyahu indicated during a televised speech – according to the local “Times of Israel” newspaper – that the Israeli intelligence services and the army recommended this measure, and that it was the last refuge after weeks of failed efforts to push Hamas to release more hostages.

Netanyahu claimed that Hamas rejects all initiatives aimed at release the hostages, saying: “For weeks, we did without stopping to achieve one goal: returning all hostages to their homes … We agreed to extend the truce to additional weeks, but we have not received any hostages in return.”

He added: “We sent delegations to Doha and Cairo, and we presented our proposals in cooperation with the mediators, and even before the offer presented by the American envoy Steve Witkev, but Hamas refused.”

Netanyahu insisted that “military pressure is a necessary condition” to release more hostages, noting that “harm to military enthusiasm and the release of our hostages are not two contradictory targets, but they are two complementary goals for each other.”

Commenting on the hostage families’ objection to the resumption of the war on Gaza, for fear of causing the hostages to be killed, Netanyahu said that “the hostages in Gaza live in a human nightclub every day, and every minute,” stressing his commitment to work tirelessly to liberate all hostages, alive and dead.

Netanyahu denied media reports about the existence of any political considerations behind the resumption of air strikes in Gaza at dawn today, criticizing as usual, the press, accusing the media of spreading “lies.”

“They have no shame, and they do not have red lines,” he said, calling on his critics to his critics in the media.

Regarding the ballistic missile launched by the Houthis from Yemen on Israel earlier in the day, Netanyahu pointed out that it is strongly appreciated by the American military cooperation against the Iranian axis in Yemen, adding: “We still have a lot of work against other parts of this evil axis; we will work and win united.”

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top