Associated Press: The recent Israeli raids on Gaza threaten to expand the circle of war – the seventh day

The American Associated Press News Agency confirmed that the violent Israeli raids that targeted the Gaza Strip, since Tuesday morning, have caused the collapse of the Confederation of Launching since last January, and also threatens to expand the war circle that claimed the life of tens of thousands of Palestinians, and caused widespread destruction in the Strip.

The agency stated- in a report- that the recent comprehensive attack may revive the war in Gaza 17 months ago, and it would also raise questions about the fate of about twenty Israeli hostages held by Hamas, and they are believed to be still alive.

The attack, which began at dawn today, resulted in the death and injury of hundreds of Palestinians, including women and children, according to officials at Deir Al -Balah Hospital, as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ordered the launch of raids claiming that Hamas refused the Israeli demands to change the terms of the ceasefire agreement. Officials said the operation is open and is expected to expand. The White House said it had been consulted and expressed its support for Israeli measures.

The Israeli army ordered the residents to evacuate eastern Gaza, including most of the northern town of Beit Hanoun and other towns in the south and heading towards the center of the Strip, noting that Israel may resume its ground operations soon. “Israel will move, from now on, against Hamas with an increasing military force,” said Netanyahu’s office.

Ezzat Al -Rashq, the senior official in Hamas, stated that Netanyahu’s decision to return to the war represents a “death sentence” on the remaining hostages, and accused Netanyahu of launching raids to try to save his coalition, the right -wing extremist ruler, and called the mediators to “reveal the facts” about who violated the armistice.

“Associated Press” confirmed that she had no reports about any attacks by Hamas after hours of bombing, indicating that she still hopes to restore the armistice.

The raids came at a time when Netanyahu is exposed to increasing internal pressure, while planning massive protests against his dealings with the hostage crisis and his decision to dismiss the head of the Israeli Internal Security Service. His last testimony was canceled in a long trial on corruption charges after the raids.

The main group that represents the families of the Israeli accused the Israeli government of retracting the ceasefire, saying that it “chose to abandon the hostages.” “We are shocked, angry and terrifying from the deliberate dismantling of the process of restoring our loved ones from Hamas,” said the hostage and families forum in a statement.

In Gaza, an air raid on a house in the southern city of Rafah killed 17 members of one family, including at least 12 women and children, according to the European Hospital that received the bodies. Among the martyrs were five children and their parents, another father and his three children.

In the southern city of Khan Yunis, the Associated Press correspondents saw explosions and smokes, while the wounded ambulances were transported to Nasser Hospital, where the patients were extended on the ground and some of them screaming. A little girl cried while her blood stained arm was wrapped with dressings.

Many Palestinians said they expected the war to return when the second stage talks of the ceasefire were faded as scheduled for in early February. Instead, Israel adopted an alternative proposal and cut all food shipments, fuel and other aid for two million Palestinians in the obedience, in an attempt to pressure Hamas to accept its new conditions.

“Nobody wants to fight. Everyone is still suffering from the effects of previous months,” said Nidal Al-Zaanin, a Palestinian residing in Gaza, told the Associated Press- on the phone from Gaza City.

Hundreds of air strikes were killed and wounded at night until today, Tuesday, according to records of seven hospitals. This number does not include the bodies that were transferred to other smaller health centers and rescuers are still looking for victims.

In Washington, the White House sought to blame Hamas for renewing the fight. National Security Council spokesman, Brian Hughes, said: Hamas “could have released the hostages to extend the ceasefire, but chose to refuse and war.”

An Israeli official, who spoke on the condition that his identity is not disclosed to discuss the ongoing operation, said that Israel is targeting the Hamas army, its leaders and infrastructure and plans to expand the scope of the operation beyond the air attacks. The official accused Hamas of trying to rebuild its ranks and planning new attacks and cited the return of Hamas and security forces quickly to the streets in recent weeks after the ceasefire entered into force.

“The gates of hell will be opened in Gaza” if the hostages are not released. He added: “We will not stop fighting until all our hostages return to their homes and achieve all the goals of the war.”

According to “Associated Press”, the return to the war will allow Netanyahu to avoid the difficult bars called for the second stage of the agreement and the thorny question about who will rule Gaza. It will also strengthen his coalition, which depends on the extremist right -wing deputies who want to evacuate Gaza and rebuild Jewish settlements there. Gaza was already suffering from an acute humanitarian crisis that broke out due to the Israeli aggression against it, which resulted in the death of more than 48,000 Palestinians, according to local health officials, and the displacement of an estimated 90% of the population of Gaza.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top