Tanaho announces his intention to dismiss the head of the Shin Bet from his post – the seventh day

On Sunday evening, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that he will suggest that the Council of Ministers will dismiss the head of the Israeli Internal Security Service (Shin Bet), Ronin Bar, from his post, about 18 months before the end of his term.

The Israeli newspaper “Jerusalem Post” reported that it was not yet clear whether Netanyahu will be able to dismiss a bar, given that the public prosecutor Ghali Bahraf Mayra or the Supreme Court of Justice may judge the existence of conflicts in interests in his endeavor to dismiss an enforcement officer who is investigating with his senior assistants.

The newspaper pointed out that last week, Netanyahu called for resignation from his post, but he refused.

Bar said that he will not resign before the expiry of his five -year term, unless all the remaining Israeli hostages are returned to Hamas and the start of an official investigation into Netanyahu’s decisions related to the events of October 7.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top